"IT’S LIKELY TO HAPPEN, BUT NOT TO ME."
REALLY? THAT’S WHAT MANY PEOPLE THINK, BUT THE FACTS DON’T SUGGEST IT:
Over 37 million Americans are classified as disabled. More than 50 percent of them are in their working years.
1 in 8 workers will be disabled for five years or more during their working careers.
- Most disabilities don’t happen at work and more than 90 percent are caused by illness, not injury
- Social Security Disability Insurance may not be there when you need it. More than 65 percent of initial benefit applications were denied in 2012.
The facts alone don’t tell the whole story. A disabling injury or illness may have a very personal impact on you and your family. Suddenly, the future seems unpredictable, the calendar changes and immediate concerns are the focus. Recovery becomes the “new normal.” At a time like this, when life feels off track, it can make all the difference to know the bills can be paid; that you have a way to keep it going.
Your Income Protection Options
- Short-Term Disability – can provide immediate coverage from your first day of disability and can pay benefits until your employer-provided coverage begins to pay.
- Accident Only Disability – pays for disabilities caused by accidents (not illness) and generally costs less than policies that cover both accidents and illness.
- Long-Term Disability – is comprehensive, with optional benefits to help tailor coverage and can provide benefits for several years.